Hey everyone Happy Easter!
I love any opportunity to bring out my inner child. This Easter was no exception. I decided to make Easter baskets and give them away to less fortunate children. I vividly remember my childhood easters and how much I joy I got from my Easter baskets so I was beyond excited to give that away to someone else.
*inspired by this post? Call up your local shelters and schedule a drop off time;)
I learned a lot from making these baskets. There were 26 kids at the shelter I donated the baskets to and their ages ranged from 1-16. Here are a few tips for making baskets for kids of all ages.
Above is a basket made for a 2 year old girl.
- Easter Bunny
- Bath Toys
- Play Dough(ages 2 and up)
- And an assortment of candy(mostly for her parents)
- Plastic eggs filled with candy
For Girls 4 and up (Same for 3+ but remove the mini maze puzzle)
- Coloring Book
- Play Dough
- Set of Playing Cards
- Mini Maze Puzzle
- And CANDY!!!
For boys 4+ just replace the blue stuff with pink stuff. lol
For teenage boys:
- Axe body spray
- Pack of Gum
- Slim Jims (or beef jerky or other snacks) Boys love eating!
- CANDY, CANDY, CANDY
- Other options- magazines, sports stuff, Gift cards(for movie theaters or favorite stores)
For teenage girls
- Nail Polish
- Hair stuff
- I mean seriously girls are easy. This list could be like 500 more lil dots long.
...And 26 baskets later! . . . .Someone please remind me not to have 26 kids.
And now I know that 26 Easter baskets do in fact fit in my 3 door car... BOOM!
I hope this post inspired you:) Please share with me if you do this or if you have any other creative, fun ways to give back. I'd love to hear them. Have the best Easter Ever!!!